Published 9 years ago by James Simmons
Nova Spivack posted The Semantic Web, Collective Intelligence and Hyperdata, a response to Tim O'Reilly's recent post about the Economist. I found Nova's response to be very informative. He shared some of his insightful ideas, such as folktologies — emergent, community generated ontologies. He believes that the Semantic Web is all about collective intelligence, and he suggests that the term "hyperdata" could be a useful way to express what the Semantic Web is all about.
He goes on to cover the following topics:
- What Makes Something a Semantic Web Application?
- Semantic Versus Semantic Web
- The Difference Between "Data On the Web" and a "Web of Data"
- The Semantic Web is Built by and for Collective Intelligence
- Web 3.0 and the concept of "Hyperdata"